100% accurate on our 2020 state audit.
Medication management is the entire process that medicines are prescribed, procured, delivered, administered and then documented. Our main responsibilities here at Serenity of Commerce are administering, documenting & monitoring the medication for our residents.
Each of our memory care residents, their families, & their Doctors rely soley upon our staff of med-techs to manage their medication properly. Collectively, we take this responsibility very seriously. In 2020, we concluded our state audit and are proud to report that we were 100% accurate on medication passing! We had no medication passing errors… (Which is more common than anyone wants to admit in our profession).
Although we are proud of our 100% accuracy rate in that State audit... it was expected. We have a relatively simple, accurate system of administering and tracking the medication and we have great teamwork within our staff. We cross train our staff so that they are routinely auditing each other. Each day, we audit our med cart and every one of our med-tech's adhere to these six principles of medication management:
- Right individual
- Right medication
- Right dose
- Right time
- Right route
- Right documentation
Additionally, our staff will closely monitor & track several factors such as:
- Why is this medication prescribed?
- What are the medication’s positive effects?
- What are the negative side effects?
- Is pill form the best version for your loved one? (some medicine can also come as a liquid).
- Can the medicine be crushed and mixed with food? (This may also help in later stages).
- For how long is the medication taken? (current or discontinued).
- What’s the daily dosage? (how many pills and at what time of day).